Sunday 10 August 2014

Baking Day

Hello people~ 

Today I did some baking cause the kueh in my house is actually finished. This year my mom bought an oven so we made most of the kueh. I already did the batter last night after I got home from work. I did my chocolate chip cookies batter yesterday night and I bake them today. I also made kueh suji which is a failure cause the suji isn't soft and sweet. It was super hard and dry, taste like digestive biscuits. HAHAHA! It taste quite horrible. >.< I think cookies is my main expertise. hahahaha. Then last night also I prepare kueh layang-layang. Today just need to finish up rolling the remaining popiah skin, cut them and fry them. 


So these are the cookies that I made. Didn't manage to take pictures of my kueh suji and layang-layang.






I'm having this flu since yesterday and it got worst today. ): I think I got it from work. I hope I will be feeling better. I don't like flu, I hate it the most. Need to eat my medicine at 9:30pm. 

On Friday (08.08.2014) I went baking groceries shopping with my granny and we bought the baking needs. Then I tried making doughnut like Laura Vitale's one, but it turned out to be a failure. It was way different from her's. I think I didn't activate the yeast properly cause the milk wasn't warm enought, I don't have a thermometer to measure the temperature of the milk anyways. Plus I don't have a standing mixer to mix the dough in a quickly. It suppose to look like this: 

(credit to Laura Vitale)
but mine turned out to be like this:


It was a total failure. Nevermind. When I buy a mixture I will try this recipe again! Cause it look so nice! I fill it up using nutella. Hehehehe. 

Ohya, Yesterday was my country birthday! So HAPPY 49TH BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE! (;


This week my off day will be on the Thursday and Saturday and ABOUT 1 MORE WEEK PLUS TO EXO CONCERT!!!!!! OMGGG! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM!!!! 

That's all for today gonna eat my medicine now. Byebye! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment